Thursday, January 29, 2015

Self-Indulgent Ramblings Part VII: Aaron Schultz and the Snarky Hallows Part II (Which Really Makes This Part VIII)

Because it has been such great fun the first seven times, here's some more self-indulgent ramblings on anything that comes to my mind. So, with apologies to Harry Potter (the movie versions) and Larry King, here's some more self-indulgent ramblings:

I've recently discovered the El Rey network (check your local listings). A weekly Lucha wrestling show and tons of classic martial arts movies? I may never leave my house.

Is there such a thing as watching too much football? I don't think I've hit that point yet.

That said, if they start playing the Summer's Eve Douche Bowl, that might be pushing it.

Well, I might have had correctly predicted this season's Super Bowl winner (to see the prediction I made last September, check out Self-Indulgent Ramblings Part VI), except for the ten or so things that went wrong.

Yeah, I'm still bitter about it.

I'm not mature enough to not snicker when sports commentators continue to talk about "deflated balls."

I think out of all the shows that ended last year that I watched regularly, I might miss The Newsroom the most.

Unfortunately, because of my cynicism, I don't believe any of the characters in The Newsroom would really exist in our world.

So, how soon before they remake The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit? I'll say within five years.

After watching Into the Woods, I'd like to spend one day just breaking out into song at random moments.

Or maybe I'll just spend a few days running around frantically in the woods.

Of course, that would probably the final straw that ends up putting me into the nearest mental institution.

Since HBO brought back The Comeback after nine years, how about bringing back Carnivale and Deadwood?

I know I mentioned that in the last ramblings, (which was Part VII Part I), but until they bring these shows back (highly unlikely), I will continue to bitch about it.

I'm even more confused about time travel after watching the trailer for the next Terminator movie.

One thing I've learned in the last year: If you're going to write a satire about a dictator, make him a fictional one.

I think it would have been hilarious if they ended The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I in mid sentence.

It would be kind of like if they

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment